Check Out These Adaptogenic Herbs
If you have read my blogs recently, you know that I have found truly natural solutions to our body’s problems, from sleep disorders to intense symptoms of PMS. And the good news is that these fixes exist completely!
Sometimes you need prescription medicines. I should know with my hypothyroidism! But if you can give your body what it needs without turning to something synthetic or chemical-y or whatever, I highly recommend you go this route.
There are so many amazing natural remedies, and we live in a time when science literally proves how effective these things are. So before you reach Tylenol PM or Midol, try something natural!
One thing that really struck me was adaptogenic herbs. I started taking an interest in adaptogens a few years ago, and since then I have turned them into an increasingly important part of my life!
The Name is quite explicit. Adaptogens help your body adapt. They basically intervene to help you recalibrate if something disabled your system, and help you maintain what scientists call homeostasis. If it’s been a while since you’ve studied human biology, Homeostasis is pretty much your body that stays stable and in balance.
If your body is in homeostasis, it can do its best. It can keep your body temperature and fluid level stable, regulate your hormones, and basically do what it’s supposed to do to make you feel good. And adaptogenic herbs are so great because they help you stay in that Sweet Spot!
There are a Ton of adaptogens out there, but there are five that I’m really glad I included in my Routine. They are all in our new Miss Congeniality Boost, so if you want to take them for a ride, add this Boost to your life!
VELVET BEAN (MUCUNA PRURIENS)
This adaptogen dubbed “Dopa bean” can help boost your dopamine levels, as it naturally contains a Ton of l-Dopa. Dopamine – the “happiness hormone” is a super important neurotransmitter that plays a role in everything from our blood pressure to our mood. Dopamine literally helps us feel joy.
Basically, Mucuna pruriens can:
- Reduce our Stress levels
- Help us focus
- Increase our Libido (it’s actually an Aphrodisiac)
- Improves our mood and overall feeling of happiness
- Basically, it is a powerful little adaptogen that can help your body do its best.
That’s why we have mucuna pruriens in Miss Congeniality. As a key ingredient, it helps Miss Congeniality do her job of stress relief and mood improvement.
Ashwagandha is a small evergreen shrub that has been used for centuries to treat many different health problems. Some of the notable advantages of Ashwagandha include its ability to:
- Action Stress (it reduces the levels of cortisol, your body’s stress response hormone)
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety and get-down
- Improve fertility
- Support and even increase brain function
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Reduce inflammation
- Lower unhealthy cholesterol levels
- Helps muscle mass and muscle strength
- Pretty impressive, isn’t it? So you know that we had to include Ashwagandha in our SPF Boosts.
- You will find it in Miss Congeniality, offering mental and body health benefits to make you feel the best.
Lion’s mane is a pretty crazy mushroom that Chinese doctors have been using for a long time. This is because the lion’s mane can mushroom:
- Supporting a healthy heart
- Reduce inflammation
- Action oxidative Stress (in other words, it is an antioxidant)
- Help your nervous system recover from an injury
- Defend against ulcers
- Diabetes management
- Action against Cancer
- Reduce Your Risk Of Dementia
- Relieve mild symptoms of get-down and anxiety
- So, start to understand why I am so enthusiastic about adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms?
- They are seriously so powerful natural remedies, and def lion mane is no exception — which is why we mixed in Miss Congeniality.
It is another Adaptogen with centuries of Use. This little mushroom packs a punch with incredible benefits including:
- Action against Stress and fatigue
- Help you feel more energetic
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Treatment of Cancer and Lung health issue
- Moderate Your Blood Sugar
- Action oxidative stress in your cells
- Helps with hypertension and high cholesterol
- Provide psychological benefits, including reducing symptoms of get-down
- No surprise here: with such a range of benefits, Miss Congeniality needed a Reishi mushroom in her!
Agree, magnesium is not technically an adaptogenic herb, It is a mineral. But I still wanted to include it here because it works the same way in their body.
Basically, magnesium helps your body regulate a range of important processes, including your blood pressure, the functioning of your nerves and muscles, and blood sugar levels. Heck, it even helps your body do anything from protein to your DNA.
Oh, and it can help you sleep better and feel less tired during the day! That’s why we not only put a lot of magnesium in our Congeniality, but we also added it to our Sleep Boost, the Slumber Party.
Adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms, along with nutrients like magnesium, give you an impressive toolbox to give your body what it needs. They are such an important part of my daily Routine and I am so happy that you can have an easy, fun and affordable way to add them to your Routine too!